Integrative Medicine Web Resources
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH): This branch of the National Institutes of Health focuses on complementary and integrative health research. It includes literature reviews and education on CAM modalities and integrative practice.
University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine Program: This program offers patient handouts and educational material for integrative approaches to common medical conditions. It focuses on bringing integrative medicine into primary care delivery models.
The Elimination Diet
- Patient education information on food allergies and videos
- IBS Elimination diet
- University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine Patient Handout
The Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Oldways Preservation Trust. Has the original Mediterranean diet pyramid, and also features culturally inclusive Asian, Latino, and African heritage pyramids.
- Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid
- Mercury levels in fish
- Healthy Mediterranean-style recipes
- Check out the “Meatless Monday” campaign online. This international movement encourages all to skip meat once a week and explore healthy and tasty vegetarian options.