McCain Whole Health Care is a family medicine practice focused on deeply relational, person-centered care.
Dr. Arlene McCain is committed to creating safe spaces where health and healing can occur.
It’s only when we feel safe that we can touch the hurting places with love. And it’s only when we persevere in the hard work of re-integrating mind-heart-body-spirit that deep, lasting healing occurs.
Dr. McCain has created multiple safe spaces for others. These include:
McCain Whole Health Care
A safe space for patient healing. MWHC is a family medicine practice that offers holistic health care through the model of direct primary care. Patients have unique opportunities to develop a deep, long-term relationship with their doctor.
While the practice is currently closed to new patients, there is one (1) opportunity to win a free year of membership through the MWHC raffle supporting the 2022 Dancing with the Stars of the ‘Burg fundraiser (see details below).
Embrace Grace: New Medicine for a Wounded World
A safe space for inner healing. Dr. McCain’s award-winning book provides a glimpse into her journey of healing and invites readers to reflect upon their own healing journeys.
Order through Bookbaby here (coupon code: V9Q5YR)
A safe space for physician healing. Dr. Arlene McCain and Dr. Jason Asistores co-created this podcast to share stories of physician burnout and healing.
A safe space for community healing. Dr. McCain participates with other dancers in the final year of this fundraiser (check out this WHSV segment introducing the teams!) supporting the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Child Day Care Center (HRCDCC), which offers affordable day care to the local community. This fundraiser supports our community’s children and invites the larger community to come together for a common cause.
This year’s goal is to raise $200,000 toward the building fund so that this 51-year-old day care can move into a home of its own for the first time!
MWHC Grand Fundraiser
$25 donation: receive (1) raffle ticket toward 3 free sessions in MWHC’s Infrared Sauna; registration for “The 2-4-6” Zoom series
Donations of $50 or more receive (1) signed copy of Dr. McCain’s award-winning book Embrace Grace: New Medicine for a Wounded World, AND the following:
$50 donation: receive (2) raffle tickets toward 3 free infrared sauna sessions; registration for “The 2-4-6” Zoom series
$100 donation: receive (4) raffle tickets toward 3 free infrared sauna sessions; registration for “The 2-4-6” Zoom series; (1) ticket to the MWHC Wellness Workshop & Embrace Grace Party (tentatively scheduled for 11/4/22)
$150 donation: receive (6) raffle tickets toward 3 free infrared sauna sessions; registration for “The 2-4-6” Zoom series, (1) ticket to the MWHC Wellness Workshop & Embrace Grace Party (tentatively scheduled for 11/4/22), AND (1) raffle ticket towards the Grand Raffle prize of 1-year free membership to MWHC (valued at $1800)– drawing will be 11/11/22 at 11:11 am
So, how might you move towards this $150 donation and Grand Prize raffle ticket?
- “One & done”
- Donate online to “Team McCain” at whsv.com/dance
- Write a check payable to HRCDCC (memo: Team McCain) for $150.
- “Slow & steady”
- Donate $50 once a month for 3 months (cash/check)
- Engage in other fundraising events
- Bluestone Vineyard silent auction (Sunday, 8/28, 5 pm). If you win something, that donation will go towards an accumulated $150.
- Sign up for the “2-4-6” Zoom series (starting 9/9), where other heart-centered leaders talk about how they offer their gifts for holistic healing (more details to come!).
- Recommended donation is $50 for the series, with minimum donation of $25
- Sign up for the MWHC Wellness Workshop & Embrace Grace Party ($100)
- Willing to share your story for the “2-4-6” Zoom series and/or speak at the MWHC Wellness workshop? For your boldness and courage, you get (1) Grand prize raffle ticket for each event you do
- “Find a friend” (for MWHC patients)
- 2-for-1 deal. For each $150 donation from one of your friends or a business, they get (1) grand prize raffle ticket, AND SO DO YOU!
We’re so glad you stopped by!
McCain Whole Health Care is a family medicine practice with a unique approach to care. We offer a membership model by which members pay a reasonable monthly fee and have diverse opportunities to access their physician – including office visits, telehealth, text, phone, and email. We even make house calls!
We invite you to browse the site, including the FAQ. If you have more questions, please call/text us at (540) 416-9656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Arlene McCain, MD
Dr. Arlene McCain is committed to partnering with individuals as they discern personal motivations for healthy change and passionately supports their inspired progress towards a thriving life.